Monday, September 15, 2008

Democrats: The Party of "Sex Chaos"

I have a lovely friend who will be attending my gay wedding this Saturday. She recently sent her family members in Iowa a link to the letter by Anne Kilkenny's giving insights into Sarah Pallin and her time as mayor of their small town. Here is what my friend got back from her sister.

-------------------------------------------------
From: xxxx
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:49 AM
To: xxx
Subject: RE: Sarah Palin

Bob & I have read your email. Sounds like more of the same-sour grapes. The campaign trail is full of half-truths, out-right lies, fear and hope. Bloggers, like this message tend to only muddy the waters further. We have not seen any candidate like the Virgin Mary or Jesus Christ and we most likely never will. We all stumble, change direction, make the right decision, make the wrong decision. Man, woman, black, white or purple ... we have in common our humanity.

We intend to vote, as we always have, because it is our responsibility to do so. Our responsibility to choose the ticket that most closely resembles our beliefs. Jake has always been a Republican. When the Democratic Party left me, I became a Republican too.

One thing that Jake & I agree on is the Democratic Party has chosen to be the party of sex chaos. We refuse to participate in these Planned Parenthood advancement programs - to the point that we will become part of the obstacle in their path.

To that end, one can say that when they cast their vote, it may very well be a vote against one ticket verses a vote in favor of another ticket. A "lessor of two evils" if you will. Wouldn't you agree? Thankfully, for better or worse, in 6 weeks we can close the books on another election year. Hoping you and yours are well, and we are anxious to see you again soon.

Love xxx and xxx
-------------------------------------------------

Wow. Now there's a great phrase: "Sex Chaos." What a terrific name for a rock group! (It's almost as good as "Sex Magick" which was a form of esotericism from the late 1800s.) I think it should be one word: "Sexchaos." I'm comforted to know that my little gay wedding this weekend will add just bit more of it to the world. I hope that you will create a bit of it in your corner of the world real soon!

By the way, this same friend recently spoke to her mom about the election. Here's the report on that conversation:

"I called my 85-year old mother yesterday. She is so excited about Sarah Palin “because she’s raised a large family, and she’s just like us, and we need someone just like us in the White House.” I said, “Gee mom, I don’t want someone like me in the White House. I want someone who is whole lot smarter and a lot more educated because we’ve got some big problems to sort out, and someone like me isn’t smart enough to know how to do that.” Are people really drinking the koolaid?

No comments: