Monday, September 24, 2007

Why Another Blog?

Your response to my new blog has been nothing short of deafening! Many of you have written to ask me, "For God's sake, Wayne, what in heaven's name has possessed you to do this?" Your interest is touching. Thank you so very much. (If it were possible for me to do so, I would be humbled.)

Now, I take your question to mean, "Please, we beg of you, tell us all about it and don't leave out a single detail!" It is all very simple: I have started a "step program" for Narcissists.

Please don't misunderstand: I haven't joined a Narcissist group--I have started one. Its membership consists of ME. (That's only fitting, right?) And please, don't assume that this is 'Narcissist Anonymous!' What would be the point of THAT? (Honestly, some people are so dense!)

Now, more about me:

You're all pretty knowledgeable about 12-step programs. The first three steps are, of course, admitting that one's life is unmanageable and giving it over to a higher power. Okay, I've chucked those right out. I'm my own higher power and, I dare say, I've got enough power left over for several more people, but I really don't want to be bothered. Let them get their own.

I suppose I could now rattle through the rest of the steps, but what's no point? I just reviewed them online and, frankly, none of them applies here. And even if they did, I wouldn't go into them now because I haven't the patience. But that's why this is "a step program"--there's only one step: Celebrating everything Wayne.

This is why I have taken on the incredible burden of writing and maintaining this blog. (And please, don't think that this is some sort of "service to others" kind of thing. Ha! Are you kidding? ME? No, I admit it: It is entirely self serving, as well it should be.)

But what's wrong with that? IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

So, come back again and again, drink at the fountain of Wayne, know my truth, be warmed and filled, etc. etc. etc.

(Whatever.)

1 comment:

EileenP said...

You are such a character, Wayne! I love it -- and you!
Eileen